Monday 30 April 2007

Smacking


I don’t believe smacking is wrong; as I consider it as nothing more than a form of discipline and reinforcement. Those who choose to smack their children, I feel do so as a means of correcting behaviour and ones conduct, as well as making one know what is acceptable and what is not. However I don’t condone extensive smacking such as beating. How are we to teach children boundaries, without awaring them of the consequences which there actions may bring. Therfore if one crosses these boundaries, then I think they need to be disciplined as a way of correction: in this instance done so by the poer of the "hand". "Every action, provokes a reaction". Smacking is a way of managing children’s behaviour, and making them think about what they are doing and if its right, before actually doing it to later find out.

No comments: