Monday 7 May 2007

Swearing

Personally, I don’t think swearing is acceptable. However I have used swear words on a very few occasions, although not in public. I find such words, insulting, rude and unnecessary. There are so many ways in which one can express themselves, using words that are appropriate and not degrading. I think it’s fair to say that, the way in which the word is used, determines the way in which it is read. For those who choose to swear, I feel that there is a time when such words should not be exercised. However those who direct such words towards somebody else, should consider those at the receiving end; as some may find it insulting. Why not just say what we mean using proper English words, which everybody understands, both in its context and literal meaning, rather than by other means.

No comments: