Wednesday 28 March 2007

Body Modification

The lecture held on body modification, opened my eyes up to the different approaches and ways in which one tries to alter there apperance that counts as a form of body modification. Therfore I think its right to conclude, that everybody has modified there appearance in some way. However the way in which one goes about modifying there bodies, plays a more importanct factor in the way in which we catogarise these people. Anything that isnt naturally present or grown, is a form of modification. changes such as wearing high shoes to appear taller, to having intense tatoo's; is an example of the vastly different extents to which one modifies there body. In relation there are three types of modification: Non invasive, Invasive and perminant and temporary decoration. I am guilty of all three types, although I do object to some kinds of invasive modification; that i wouldnt consider doing to myself. Im all for modifying ourselves, but I object to exstensive body modification.

No comments: