Tuesday 20 March 2007

Prostitution

Is it morally wrong? Is it morally wrong? I believe prostitution is justifiable, but wouldnt go to the exstent of condoning it. Many of us have hobbies, interest and personal prefrence, which is reflected in the things we do each day. Just because we dont indulge in an act that we would not personally conduct ourselves, dosent mean its wrong. If one wishes to abuse their body and exploit their asset’s; to make money, then who are we to judge. However I believe my body is my temple and wouldnt dream of seeling my body to make some quick change. I would only give my body to that special someone that has respect for me, like I have for myself. In relation, the question really lies down to discovering the facts of why? Is it: personal prefrence, lack of self-worth, personal problems (mental, drug addict), last resort or just because it may be seen to pay well. I would like to believe that these individuals do so not by choice, but because they have to take drastic means, to survi. However on the other hand, why do men wish to take advantage of women's bodies? Can you really put a price on us? Or is it just that men, dont see us women as beautiful human beings, whos usage stems far beyond what we can do in the bedroom. The men, who pay for such act, deserve questioning as much as those who provide the service. Im just worried that prostitutes may exsperience abuse under such agreed service, that people may be less sympathetic to believe and understand. I know a friend whos mum was a prostitue, but has changed her life for the better. I hope many others do too. If you would have asked me what I think of prostitutes before now, I would only provide a harsh negative comment, but knowing someone who was, has changed my point of view. I don’t condone its conduct, but carnt help but stop and wounder why; simply because I wouldn’t. From being presented with the reasons why, then should one judge.

No comments: